Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Competency #3

One thing that I have found with podcasts is that anybody can put one on the web. When searching for a good one for Young Adult Literature, I had to go through a lot of bad to get to the good. I did try all of Dr. Lee's podcast's sites first, but what I found was either very old or not done well. So I reverted to good ole' www.google.com. And that is where I found Horn Book magazine's podcast at http://www.hbook.com/podcast/default.asp. The first podcast on the website is all about summer reading. It had suggestions in fiction, poetry, and folklore. Along with the podcast, there is a separate lists of recommended books, from picture books to high school. This would be a great website to have as a resource for any library.

No comments:

Post a Comment