Thursday, July 2, 2009

Competency #6- Citation Pearl Growing Search

For the Citation Pearl Growing Search, I used WorldCat. Just looking at the search site, I realized that this is a very useful website. I have been seeing a lot in the news about budget cuts being handed down at a national level to a state level. I knew that this was going to be effecting libraries so I decided that would be my search. For the first search I searched Budgets AND Library AND Public. For that search I had 1,052 hits.









I realized that I might need to take off the focus on a specific library. So I took off the Public and only searched Budgets AND Library. With this search I had 2,046 hits.
Using WebCat was very simple and straight forward. It is a database that I can see students in public schools using with little or no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment