Friday, July 16, 2010

Thing #19- Web 2.0 Awards List

So many tools, so little time!! One thing that made me proud was the fact that I have used at least a few of these sites...GO ME!!!

So after scrolling through them for awhile, I decide to use one that is part personal and part library. I signed into http://www.myheritage.com. (This site is blocked by my district, but I plan on talking with them about that.)

This site is used in order to create a family tree. I did the basic sign-up, which is free, but you can do more in depth ones, but you have to pay for those. Essentially, this site is for families to put together family trees. You can invited people to work together on it. My mom has been working on one for awhile but I have yet to seen one put down on paper so I sent her this site.

For using this in the library, I see creating some for books with many characters. I could also use it when students are researching their own family trees.

This tool is very easy to use and I think the students would have fun using it...as well as teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment